Owning a racehorse is an exhilarating, rewarding pursuit if you know how to play the game. But sometimes the Thoroughbred racehorse world can be confusing.
In order to invest properly, you must decide if you have the knowledge to buy on your own or if you need some help. If you know very little about buying racehorses, a bloodstock agent can help in advising you and recommending the best horse to suit your budget.
ParadeRing.ie could help both you and your agent search for the ideal horse that will suit you.
If you need any help do not hesitate to contact us : email@example.com
You can buy a racehorse in one of four ways: through a claiming race, at auction, leasing or through a private purchase on-line or off-line.
- Claiming races literally have the horses running for sale. The price of the horse is set before the race, based on their quality. Vets cannot inspect the horses beforehand. All the horses are more or less the same price and now horses can be claimed at the entry price only (rather than the highest eligible claim price being the successful claimant).
- In auctions, horses are grouped by type: For example yearlings, horses in training or broodmares. Each horse is listed in an auction catalog with a family tree (pedigree), birth date and family racing history. Buyers are allowed to view the horses at auction before they are ready to go into the sales ring. They then bid on the horse they like in order to try buy it.
- Leasing - Leasing can be an excellent introduction to racehorse ownership without the commitment of purchase. A lease agreement should be drawn up between the buyer and seller to state exactly what the terms are.
- Private purchase is the easiest way to buy a horse. Horses are sold directly from a stud, a breeder or trainer at a negotiated price, and they can be inspected by a vet beforehand.
After buying your thoroughbred you need to register it with Horse Racing Ireland to give the horse a name and pick the colours the jockey will wear everytime your horse runs.
Recoup your investment by finishing in the top five. A horse that performs consistently well will increase in value and can be worth millions as a breeding prospect depending on its pedigree.
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any comments or questions : firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Clients Say:
- “This is the new way of trading horses. I put up my horse for sale and she was sold in 2 days! This is definitely the way things are going and it’s definitely the way forward to sell horses.” - Tom Mullins, Kilkenny
- “Good website, very easy to use and got a good few enquiries straightaway. Can't ask for much more!” - David Stack, Coolagown Stud
- “We had the horse on ParadeRing.ie for less than week before he was sold. I got a call from France & he bought on the strength of the pedigree. The same owner has bought 3 more since. A great contact & I look forward to using ParadeRing.ie again.” - Tom O'Sullivan, Carlow
- "Excellent way for those without time to carry animals to sales. Cuts out alot of these costs associated with sales as well." - M. Corbett, Ballykenly Stud